Friday, July 18, 2008

E3, and Growing Up

I just attended my sixth or seventh E3--I can't remember which, but as you can tell by the scintillating news at that link (Top 10 E3 Bathrooms!), things have changed from the days when all us game journos were fighting to be the first to file stories on hot new game announcements.

Not like we were all running around with "Press" badges tucked into our fedoras, but we did actually find out about new stuff at the show, and in between that, we were hard-partying freaks who regularly got into trouble for stuff like yakking all over hotel rooms.

Not me. Other people. But you get the idea.

This year, I was at E3 for a total of two days and two nights, both of which saw me home and tucked safely into bed in my assy hotel before midnight. I even gave away the two tickets I had to see The Who at the Rock Band event.

It was a kinder, gentler me, attending a smaller, gentler event. And look: Lego Batman! Literally!

[OK, I can't upload images right now, but it's coming...]

No comments: